Version 2.0 change log
February 28, 2013: Version 2.2
Maintenance version with the following changes:
- Able to read and write documents in code page encoding. The document encoding is auto detected and you can manually set it using options/character encoding.
- Go to line dialog: Ctrl+g
- Bug fix: indent function deletes comments on certain cases
- Stability bug fixes
February 8, 2012: Version 2.1
Maintenance version with the following bug fixes:
- Fixed: Crash when pasting large text.
- Fixed: Crash when typing in the tree pane.
- Fixed: Crash when loading XML files with deep nesting.
- Fixed: Permission denied message when entering license key
- Fixed: When sorting a grid column, numbers that starts with 9 are sorted as strings
- When sorting a grid column, empty cells will always show up last.
- Fixed duplicate error message after ‘end of file before file close’
- Fixed: Partially shown dialog box on certain windows themes.
- Fixed: Errors that labeled as warnings
- When opening a document that has a syntax error, the error mark will now always be visible.
- Fixed confusing behavior when hovering over the error mark
August 19,2011: XML Marker 2.0 is here!
After much delay, XML Marker version 2.0 is finally here! This page is a very concise description of the new features and is a supplement to the rest of the version 1 documentation in this manual. More documentation should follow soon.
To get started with the new features follow these steps:
- Download and Install it.
- Try to open a Unicode xml file
- Set bookmarks in text, tree and table views. Use CTRL+F2 to set a new bookmark, and F2 to cycle.
- Select an element in the tree and see the corresponding branch expression at the toolbar. Try to edit the expression to select a different branch.
The complete list of changes is after the break..
- Unicode: Able to read, write and display Unicode. Supported encodings are UTF8 and UTF16.
- Json! Use XML Marker to browse and edit Json files.
- Plain text. Use XML Marker as a simple editor with no syntax highlighting and no navigation.
- Non-collapsing: Editing in the text view will not clear your tree and table selection.
- Bookmarks: Set bookmarks in text, tree and table views. Use CTRL+F2 to set a new bookmark, and F2 to cycle.
- Branch selector: a text box to see and set the currently selected element using a simple syntax.
- Faster and requires less memory.
- More informative grid: Tags with attributes and a single text will now show the single text rather than the tag name.
- The grid can now edit tag names (works only on the first column)
- Grid editing checks the validity of the entered test.
- Better synchronization and better undo redo
- Bug fix: hangs when replacing s1 with s2 where s1 is a substring of s2.
- Scroll wheel on the tree view can be set to scroll rather than to change tree selection. look at the options/scroll wheel changes tree selection
- The selected row is highlighted in the grid.
- CTRL+End and CTRL+Home respectively goes to the beginning and the end of the document
- Line numbers and grid row numbers
- Lines longer than 2000 character are wrapped (nothing changes in the data itself)
- When the current document changes due to external program. XML marker shows a message box with a reload option.
- Bug fix: different scroll amount for the up and down scroll arrows.
- Reparse all command (F7)
- File change notifications
Known issues in this version
- Files are interpreted as Unicode text only. That means that you might get syntax error message for ASCII files that uses characters beyond 128. For example: ISO-8859-1 – Fixed in version 2.2
- In some rare cases, when pasting into a cell in the grid, the content seems to not change. This is a visual bug – press enter to see the modified text.
- Unlike the XML parser, the Json parser does not allow the more than one root element in one file.
- Crash when typing in the tree view when the document is empty – fixed in version 2.1